Physiotherapy for pelvic floor dysfunction is a niche area of physical rehabilitation, which involves the treatment of bladder and bowel control issues, sexual pain disorders, prolapse, pregnancy-related musculoskeletal issues and chronic pelvic pain. Women’s Health and Continence, as well as pelvic floor therapy, is for both men and women.
Rachel, our women’s health expert, has been specialising in pelvic floor dysfunction since 2008 and has worked across a myriad of different settings.
WHC physiotherapy specialises in treating the following conditions:
Men and women with the following bladder symptoms:
- Leakage of urine when sneezing, coughing, exercising.
- Urgency or rushing to the toilet, with or without leaking.
- Frequent urination.
- Difficulty initiating urination.
- Problems emptying the bladder completely (including after-dribble).
Men and women with the following bowel symptoms:
- Leakage of faeces or wind.
- Urgency or rushing to the toilet.
- Constipation and/or difficult emptying.
Women with Pelvic Organ Prolapse
Women with Chronic Pelvic Pain Syndromes
- Pain with sexual intercourse.
- Pain in the vaginal, vulval, pelvic, coccyx, rectal or bladder region.
Preparation before and recovery after surgery
- Prolapse repair
Women in the pre and postnatal period with the following symptoms:
- Pelvic girdle pain (Sacroiliac and Pubic symphysis joints).
- Postnatal recovery for 3rd and 4th degree tears, rectus diastasis and perineal pain.
- Individualised exercise programs for pelvic floor and abdominal muscles.
WHC will have you strain-free in no time. Book online now and experience the relief you’ve been desperate for!