Exercise Right for Active Ageing is a national program designed for older Australians over 65 (or Indigenous Australians who are over 55) funded by the Australian Government under the Move it AUS – Better Ageing Grants Program.
The group program is facilitated by Abby, our Accredited Exercise Physiologist at Sycamore Health, and has been designed to help those over 65 years or older lead an active lifestyle. Before a participant commences the class, they are individually assessed to allow the program to be tailored to their specific conditions, needs and goals.
The program aims to help Aussies improve their quality of life...
- 1 x pre-exercise screening
- 1 x pre-assessment (one off $18.50 out of pocket cost)
- 12 x 1-hour in-person sessions ($8 out of pocket cost/session)
- 1 x free post-assessment
*A pre-screening assessment must be completed prior to the commencement of classes
- Aged 65 and over, or Indigenous Australians who are over 55;
- With a chronic condition, injury or illness;
- Who are on the wait list for an Australian Government Home Care package;
- Not accessing allied health services through the Commonwealth Home Support Programme; Department of Veterans’ Affairs; National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS); aged care; or private health insurance including group classes, exercise or allied health.
Ready to get started?
Give us a call or drop on by to arrange your first session. We can't wait to meet you!
For more information on the program please click here.