Sycamore Health offers a number of services under the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS). A range of treatment options covered by the NDIS are available, with both in-clinic appointments, hydrotherapy sessions, and home visits available.
At Sycamore Health, our physiotherapists have experience supporting people who have a range of disabilities and conditions, including:
- Cardiorespiratory conditions
- Musculoskeletal disorders, such as muscular dystrophy
- Neurological conditions including acquired brain injury and spinal cord injury
- Physical disabilities including amputations
- Altered cognitive ability and developmental delays
Click here for a comprehensive list of services and supports funded by the NDIS.
MAKE A CALL
NDIS Physiotherapy Treatment Options
Our sessions are individualised to the patient and their specific needs. We tailor both assessment and treatment to our patients, taking into consideration their functional ability, goals and expectations. We utilise a wide-range of treatment options including:
- Mobility, balance and falls prevention training
- Stretching and mobility programs
- Strengthening programs suited to the patients goals
- Virtual Reality Therapy (VRT) - an innovative therapeutic solution useful for treating a range of disorders
- Hydrotherapy (Sycamore Health uses the heated pool at Burpengary Regional Aquatic Leisure Centre)
- Soft and deep tissue massage
- Advice and education on pain management and mobility and equipment aids
- Functional capacity assessments
- Pre and post-operative rehabilitation
- Training in the environment including mountain climbs utilising beautiful local landscapes
- Exercise physiology including gym-based programs on- and off-site
- Recommendations for mobility and equipment aids
- Exercise programs including advice and education on independent exercise prescription
If you are registered as an NDIS participant, you should be eligible for the services. But if you are not sure or require further assistance, we'd love to help guide you through the process! If you would like to book an appointment or find out more about our NDIS treatments, call our friendly team at Morayfield on 07 3046 1700.
For more information about what the NDIS is, your eligibility, and how to apply, click here.