Physiotherapy During Pregnancy
Helping women through pregnancy with physiotherapy.
If you’re pregnant, no doubt you’ve begun to experience the plethora of feelings associated with hormone increase, weight gain, clothing changes and cravings. Yet for a lot of women, pregnancy is not an easy journey, and sometimes it requires the assessment and treatment of a physiotherapist.
You may be experiencing the below symptoms, which would best be attended to by a physiotherapist:
- Pelvic pain
- Lower back pain
- Weakness in your stomach and pelvic floor muscles
- Leakage of urine when sneezing, coughing, exercising
- Urgency or rushing to the toilet, with or without leaking
- Frequent urination
- Difficulty initiating urination
- Problems emptying the bladder completely (including after-dribble)
- Leakage of feces or wind
- Urgency or rushing to the toilet
- Constipation and/or difficult emptying
A professional assessment can identify the cause of these symptoms, and a physiotherapist can advise what treatment will be the most successful for your body and symptoms.
Common Pregnancy Injuries
Some common ailments women get during pregnancy are:
- Sacro-iliac joint SIJ injury
- Prolapse of the uterus
- Prolapse of the vagina
- Cystocele and cystourethrocele – Bladder/Vaginal Hernia
- Enterocele – Vaginal Hernia
- Rectocele – Rectal/Vaginal Hernia
Common Pregnancy Therapies
Sycamore Health has a number of medical professionals specialised in musculoskeletal therapies (physiotherapy). Located in Morayfield on Brisbane’s northside, Sycamore Health has staff fully qualified and specialised in physiotherapy and massage to properly assess, treat and manage your symptoms and your recovery.
Some common physiotherapy treatments used during pregnancy are:
- Circulation exercise
- Core, strength and flexibility exercises
A professional assessment at Sycamore Health will help get to the cause of the issue and provide the right treatment to get it resolved.
- Close to Morayfield Shopping Centre
- Storefront parking
- Fully qualified and experienced therapists
- Enclosed rooms for complete privacy
- 1-on-1 treatment
Bachelor of Physiotherapy
Specialised in Women’s Health
174 Morayfield Rd
Morayfield, QLD 4506
Monday – 9am – 6pm
Tuesday – 9am – 6pm
Wednesday – 9am – 6pm
Thursday – 9am – 6pm
Friday – 9am – 6pm
Saturday – By appointment only (9am-12pm)
Sunday – Closed
Call or book online today to make an appointment.
Ph: (07) 3046 1700
Our services also include Postnatal Physiotherapy, Incontinence Physiotherapy Treatment & Pelvic Floor Physiotherapy Treatment.