Physiotherapy Treatment For Whiplash
Helping people suffering from whiplash get back to their former self with physiotherapy treatment.
Whiplash can occur in a motor vehicle accident or an incident that occurs where the body is moved suddenly causing the head and neck to move in a whip-like motion. This can occur with:
- Motor vehicle accidents (MVA)
- Contact sports
- Horse riding
- Cycling accidents
- Falls in which the head violently jerks backward
It can produce symptoms like:
- Neck pain
- Shoulder, upper back and arm pain and tenderness
- Stiffness in neck movement with loss of range of motion
- Headaches that start at the base of the skull
- Numbness and tingling in the arms
If you have recently had a whiplash injury and have not received treatment, but experiencing a multitude of these symptoms, it’s important you visit a health professional immediately.
A professional assessment can identify if these symptoms are a cause of whiplash, and a physiotherapist can advise what treatment will be the most successful for your body and symptoms.
Sycamore Health has a number of medical professionals specialising in musculoskeletal therapies (physiotherapy). Located in Morayfield on Brisbane’s northside, Sycamore Health has staff fully qualified physiotherapy and massage therapy to properly assess, treat and manage your injury and your recovery.
Common Whiplash Treatments
Treatments for whiplash can include:
- Medication and pain relief
- Joint Mobilisations
- Postural retraining
- Biofeedback and deep postural muscle training
- Shoe insoles
A professional assessment at Sycamore Health will help get to the cause of the issue and provide the right treatment to get it resolved.
- Close to Morayfield Shopping Centre
- Storefront parking
- Fully qualified and experienced therapists
- Enclosed rooms for complete privacy
- 1-on-1 treatment
Bachelor of Physiotherapy
Australian Catholic University
First Class Honours
Specialised in Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy
174 Morayfield Rd
Morayfield, QLD 4506
Monday – 9am – 6pm
Tuesday – 9am – 6pm
Wednesday – 9am – 6pm
Thursday – 9am – 6pm
Friday – 9am – 6pm
Saturday – By appointment only (9am-12pm)
Sunday – Closed
Call or book online today to make an appointment.
Ph: (07) 3046 1700