Helping athletes recover from surgery and sports injuries with sports physiotherapy.
A majority of people engage in sport at some level. It may be for recreational and social purposes, or serious or professional commitment.
When training and competing in sports, there is no doubt that at some point, athletes will probably need to see a physiotherapist to treat and manage a sports injury. Or if they are well informed, they’ll see a therapist to help them prevent injuries from arising during training and performing.
It is also common for someone to receive sports physiotherapy if they are recovering from surgery and require specialised treatment to get back to their former self and performance.
People will often see a sports physiotherapist if they are experiencing a:
- Drop in physical performance whether it be strength, flexibility and/or cardio
- Subtle, acute or chronic pain
- Loss or some loss of physical function or ability
- New inflammation of ligaments or joints
- or concern about causing a sports injury and want professional advice/li>
Common Sports Injuries
If you have re-injured or think you have caused the below sports injuries, physiotherapy can provide you with professional assessment, treatment and management.
- Ankle sprain
- Groin pull
- Hamstring strain
- Shin splints
- Knee injury: ACL tear
- Knee injury: Patellofemoral syndrome
- Tennis elbow (epicondylitis)
- Achilles tendon strain
- Tarsal tunnel syndrome
- Rotator cuff injury
Common Sports Treatments
Sycamore Health is located in Morayfield on Brisbane’s northside, with staff fully qualified and experienced in sports physiotherapy and massage to properly assess, treat and manage any sports injury and recovery.
Some sports physio treatments include:
- Joint mobilisation (gentle gliding) techniques
- Joint manipulation
- Physiotherapy Instrument Mobilisation (PIM)
- Minimal Energy Techniques (METs)
- Muscle stretching
- Massage and soft tissue techniques
A professional assessment at Sycamore Health will help get to the cause of the issue and provide the right treatment to get it resolved.
- Close to Morayfield Shopping Centre
- Storefront parking
- Fully qualified and experienced therapists
- Enclosed rooms for complete privacy
- 1-on-1 treatment
Friendly StaffJames Sikkema
Bachelor of Physiotherapy
Australian Catholic University
First Class Honours
Specialised in Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy
174 Morayfield Rd
Morayfield, QLD 4506
Monday – 9am – 6pm
Tuesday – 9am – 6pm
Wednesday – 9am – 6pm
Thursday – 9am – 6pm
Friday – 9am – 6pm
Saturday – By appointment only (9am-12pm)
Sunday – Closed