Support Coordinators help connect NDIS participants with supports and services in the community
Sycamore offers holistic support coordination services to help you:
Better understand your NDIS plan
- NDIS plans can be complicated and confusing, and trying to understand and manage your plan can be overwhelming. Our support coordinator will take the time to sit down with you and help you understand the ins and outs of your NDIS plan, so you know where your money is going and what services you can access. We will help you to understand what budgets you have for what services and help you best utilise your funds. We will work with you to understand what requirements you need to meet to access certain supports, what quotes may or may not be required, what can and how much can be claimed.
- We aim to empower you to have the best understanding of your own NDIS plan to give you the control to make your plan best suit your life and to help you work towards your goals.
Connect you with community services and government programs
- You may want to get started with some education, employment or volunteering. Our support coordinator can help you find education programs that you can be involved in, identify and connect you with government employment services and opportunities. This will be directed and guided by you so you are getting the opportunities that are most suited to you.
- In tough times, our support coordinator will be there to listen and understand your problems, and help guide you and find your family support, justice and advocacy services if necessary.
Assist in managing your budget
- There is a lot to manage in an NDIS budget, and with multiple services being used, it can be tricky to make sure that you have enough funding for everything that you need and that you have optimised the way that you are using your funding to maximise your supports and services to achieve your goals.
- Your plan has three core budgets; Core Supports, Capacity Building Supports, and Capital Supports. Each of these budgets can be used for various things within each category, and nominated funding is available for different supports or services that fall within each category. We will be able to help you understand what budget you have within each category in your plan and what you are able to use that allocated funding for.
- Collaboratively, we will monitor your funding as you utilise your NDIS plan and forecast your spending to ensure that you effectively utilise your funding. We will help you avoid running out of funding before your plan finishes.
Assist with finding independent living solutions
- Our support coordinator can assist you in finding home and living solutions that are most suitable to your requirements, goals, and circumstances. Finding appropriate accommodation is imperative to finding stability in your life so it's important to get it right, and we understand it can be a challenge to find suitable options when you are living with impairments.
- We will be able to assist you to find and apply for a range of accommodation options, including; Independent Living Options (ILO), Supported Independent Living (SIL), Short Term Accommodation (STA) or respite, Medium Term Accommodation (MTA) if you are in between homes, and Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA) if your care needs are higher.
Plan and coordinate your supports, services and assistive technology
- At Sycamore Health, our support coordinator will collaboratively plan with you to determine what support and services you may need, such as support workers or allied health services to help you work towards your goals.
- We can also look into technologies or home modifications that will help you live more independently and improve your quality of life.
- We work closely with you to make sure these services and assistive technologies fit your life. Supports and services will be recommended that are in line with your goals and your preferences so that you, the participant, receive the best services available for your needs.
Establish and maintain your supports
- Once the services you need are identified, we will help you engage with your service providers by setting up service bookings and service agreements.
- We will work with you not just at the start but through the whole time you are using supports and services, to make sure that they are meeting your needs and wants, are working for you to help you achieve your goals, and are empowering you to live more independently.
- We will help you make any changes you'd like to make along the way with your service providers, negotiate what supports you want, how you'd like those supports to be delivered, and work out how you'd like to pay for them.
- We will help you understand what service providers can and cannot charge - including travel and cancellation fees to help give you control over how you are using your funding.
Prepare for plan reviews
- Our support coordinator will help you when it comes time to prepare for your plan review or with changes to your plan. This can be a stressful time for participants as it involves gaining lots of information from all of your providers and results in the future funding you will receive for supports and services that you need.
- We will review and compile all the reports from your current service providers and other stakeholders to ensure that all of your goals and their recommendations are articulated. We will help you ensure all the required information is sent to your Local Area Coordinator or NDIA Delegate who will formulate your plan.
- At Sycamore Health, we'll be with you every step of the way to assist you with this process so that you get the outcome the best serves you.
- Your NDIS plan is all about you and it is there to serve your needs and goals. Our support coordinator is understanding and compassionate and will work with you at the forefront of their mind. We aim to empower you to be as involved as possible with the management of your plan and how you choose to use it.
- At Sycamore Health, we will explore various ways that you can utilise your NDIS plan and exercise your choice and control. We will help you communicate how you prefer your supports and services to be delivered, and create opportunities for you to engage as independently as possible.
- We understand your right to make your own decisions and will support you in this.
Send an email now
MAKE A CALL
Want to learn more about the NDIS?
Why Choose Sycamore Health?
Two Convenient Office Locations in Morayfield and Sippy Downs: Our offices are ideally located in the heart of Morayfield and Sippy Downs. Our support coordination meetings can be held onsite, or we can come to you.
Convenient technology: To make life simple and stress-free, we can schedule meetings via telephone, SMS, email or zoom.
Access to online case management: We give you clear access to our coordination software, so you can monitor and access your own information at any time.